Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2007 12:45:23 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: twe on amd64 hangs

--nextPart1621194.FAf6GWvh0M

--Boundary-01=_8MGnFA+sFGf+NkD

On Tuesday 02 January 2007 15:18, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> Hi,
> We have recently bought some new Supermicro P8SCT boards with 3ware
> 8006LP2's and are using the amd64 port, however if I put the 3ware in the
> PCI-X slot it hangs probing the disks (eg at the end of the boot if it's =
in
> the kernel, or at load time if I use kldload). If I put it in a 32 bit sl=
ot
> it works fine.
>
> I tried reducing the PCI-X clock down to 100MHz but it made no difference.
>
> If I boot an i386 kernel it works fine (I tried 6.2RC2).
>
> Unfortunately the hang is solid and I can't break into the debugger :(

I just put an Adaptec 29160 card in it (which is a 64 bit PCI card) and it=
=20
also hangs if I put it in the PCI-X slot, it works fine in a PCI32 slot. (I=
=20
haven't tried booting i386 to see if it works there though)

I have also tried the latest BIOS with the fail-safe defaults set - no chan=
ge.

I have grabbed a slab of info from DDB over Firewire (plus NMI switch :) wh=
ich=20
is attached.

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."