Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 18:41:52 -0500
From:      "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>
To:        Gerard Samuel <gsam@trini0.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Moving boot drives

At 07:13 PM 9.13.2002 -0400, Gerard Samuel wrote:
>I didn't think your answer had anything to do with what Im experiencing.
>But just to make sure, I did use dump/restore and got the same results.
>Ive tried different target disks, and different methods of moving data.
>So Im guessing that while Im in sysinstall, Im not doing something right
>to make the disk bootable.
>So, Im going to try to use fdisk/disklabel via the commandline and see
>if I can get it done that way instead of /stand/sysinstall,
>after a trip to the man pages.
>But if anyone has spotted where Im going wrong, please feel free to let
>me know.
>Thanks.

Before replying, I had read your link and found it not to be very clear,
nor did your question/comments indicate which of the several methods
described there you followed. Certainly didn't see much that referred to
dump/restore.

Good luck if you haven't done FDISK/Label from the command line  before....

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator

SageOne Net