Date:      Sun, 20 Dec 1998 10:59:46 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        asmodai@wxs.nl, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sun Source Code?

At 07:58 AM 12/20/98 -0800, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:
>> Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 10:42:55 -0500
>> From: Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
>>
>> I don't get where they can sell copies of Solaris for 10 bucks either..
>> Very odd company, Sun is.
>
>  get solaris in the hands of as many people as possible.  get them
>  used to it and wanting to use it.  when their needs grow, sell them
>  sun hardware.  anything to compete against microsoft.

Considering the lack of support for Solaris X86, that I can see.  Life
would be a whole lot easier on me if they would just port all of the
Netscape servers to BSDI or Linux, then hopefully they'd work with FreeBSD
as well.  I'm not apt to hauling to MiniComputer Exchange and spending
1500$ on a Sparc 20..

I have the Solaris X86 and the Sparc versions, got them right before V7
came out.. I nuked the box almost instantly, I'll just stick with the
FreeBSD one, at least that comes with a copy of CC in the distrib :)

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange, Bangor Maine USA
http://www.droo.orland.me.us

PGP ID: 409A1F7D