Date:      Tue, 20 May 1997 00:52:43 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI Timeouts, again...

>Hi Y'all,
>
>I am again getting plenty of ...timeout while idle... messages from
>perfectly fine disk drives.  As a result, the SCSI bus is being reset,
>which causes other CCB's form other drives to abort, which causes...
>the system to behave like Linux...

Simon.  Since you're a software engineer, I would have expected a
better bug report out of you. 8-)

I need a dmesg output from a boot -v, a listing of all AHC options in
your kernel config file, and, since I know that you guys are playing around
with the SCSI code, information about any local mods running on the system.
A listing of the exact error messages would be good too.

>Any ideas?
>
>Simon

Here's an idea.  Stop using an alpha MUA! 8-)i It's leaving junk at the end
of your messages again.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations