Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2001 06:48:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sbc1 ??

Hello Family,

I been hacking at this standard SoundBlaster-16 (ISA) sound card
and to no avail and was reading the docs and it mentions that the
kernel should be compiled with:

device sbc0 at isa? port0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15

That seemed reasonable but my dmesg shows my card at:
#################################
(one line wrapped)
sbc1: <Creative ViBRA16X> at port
0x220-0x22f,0x330-0x331,0x388-0x38b irq 5 drq 1,3 on isa0

(second line)
pcm0: <SB DSP 4.16 (ViBRA16X)> on sbc1

Now, since my sound card didn't work with the "sbc0" line compiled
into the kernel, should I try the same line with "sbc1" compiled
into the kernel instead ?

Or both lines ?

--
Bill Schoolcraft