Date:      Mon, 08 Nov 1999 13:18:08 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Kim Scarborough <lists@jinx.unknown.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Bug" reporting for mille

On Sun, 07 Nov 1999 15:42:25 CST, Kim Scarborough wrote:

> I found a situation with /usr/games/mille where the scoring does not
> behave as it should under official Mille Bournes rules
>
> 1) Does this count as a bug?

That depends. :-)

If the FreeBSD's mille scores differently from several other versions
from other vendors (particularly NetBSD and OpenBSD), then probably.

Even if every other vendor's mille(6) used the same scoring as
FreeBSD's, you might get some interest if you worked up a patch for a
"strict scoring mode".

> 2) Can I submit this as a problem report, or should I just contact
> whoever's in charge of the FreeBSD games collection?

Yes, but I'm pretty sure that it'll go unnoticed unless it's sent with
patches. :-)

> 3) Who *is* in charge of the games collection?

Gawd, ask all the difficult questions, why don't you.

I don't think anyone takes full responsibility for the FreeBSD games
collection.  Odd, given how religious people get when you talk about
removing it from the base system. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.