Date:      Sun, 25 May 1997 11:34:47 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bsd.port.mk

> Isn't there *some* why to include "src/share/mk/bsd.port.mk,v" in
> the ports-all CVSup collection.  I really would like to SUP the
> most current bsd.port.mk.  I'd be willing to have to take all of
> src/share/mk (if say src-share-mk were created), but no more of
> src/share.
> [...]
> I think it would be really great if there were a way to CVSup finer
> grainularity.

Heh, nothing makes me happier than a request for a feature that I've
just released in the latest version. :-)

Upgrade to CVSup 15.0, and read about the "-i" flag.  You can now
specify glob-style patterns to fine-tune what you receive.  For
your particular case, you could use the "cvs-all" collection, and
specify "-i ports -i src/share/mk" on the command line.  (Or, use
the ports-all and src-share collections, with the same "-i"
options.  It doesn't matter much.  If you're already using
"ports-all", you should probably stick with it, since otherwise
you'll be starting from scratch with your "checkouts.cvs" files.)

You _could_ specify "-i src/share/mk/bsd.port.mk,v", but I wouldn't
recommend it.  The files in src/share/mk tend to go together.  It's
not a good idea to mix & match different versions of them.

John