Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 1999 18:47:07 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>, wosch@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Timetable for doc/ repository changes

On Fri, Jul 30, 1999 at 09:40:33PM -0700, John Polstra wrote:
> Nik Clayton wrote:
> >
> >     # ping jdp
> >     jdp is not responding
>
> Sorry!  I've been on the road a lot.  It's summertime. :-)

No problem.  I'm sat outside at the moment, shading the laptop screen
from the sun and knocking back quite a large cocktail.  This is quite
definitely the life!

Just out of interest, do you know what's happened to Peter Wemm?

> How about Sunday, August 15?

Sounds good to me, it's in my diary now.  I'll alert the various web mirror
site maintainers and let them know that we're going to break the tree.

Right, you're 7 hours behind where I am.  Hmm.  If you let me know what
time (your time) you'll be able to do this, I'll make sure that I'm
around afterwards to grab a copy of the repository and start fixing the
things that will break.  Hopefully we can have the doc/ (and www/) trees
fully functional within 24 hours of the change.

Cheers for this John.  I've got a lot of stuff sat in the pipe just
waiting to be committed after this happens.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>