Date:      Fri, 03 Aug 2001 00:12:58 -0500
From:      Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: threads comment

On Tuesday, July 31, 2001, Julian Elischer wrote:
> if we'd called the thread a "process"
> and the thing that has a pid a "task" (or something)

   That would be extremely confusing.  A task would be a thing to
go to; that sounds more like an instruction, or maybe a thread.
I think your current diff does it best: Everybody knows that a
single process has one or more threads of execution, rather than
a task having one or more processes of execution.  Don't you
agree?