Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:33:11 +0200
From:      ted@NLnetLabs.nl (Ted Lindgreen)
To:        netchild@freebsd.org, ted@nlnetlabs.nl (Ted Lindgreen)
Cc:        lioux@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re Regression: Playing QT files from mplayer stopped working in 5.1

[Quoting Alexander Leidinger, on Jun  9, 11:23, in "Re: Re Regression: P ..."]

> >   shouldn't _close in uthread_close.c do some sanity check on "fd"
> >   before using it as an array index?
>
> Try the attached patch.
> +	if ((fd < 0) || (fd >= _thread_dtablesize) ||

This test looks perfectly right (should have been here already
when the "_thread_fd_table[fd]" reference was added, I guess).

I've tested it as cleanly as possible (make update, apply patch,
make world/kernel, and portupgrade -f multimedia/mplayer).
Is works fine and I haven't found any complications.
I think it's save to commit.

Thanks and regards,
-- ted