Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2000 15:28:23 -0700
From:      Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>
To:        Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panic with userquota(softupdates?)

	From: Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>
	Subject: Panic with userquota(softupdates?)
	To: freebsd-current@freebsd.org
	Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 18:55:01 -0500 (CDT)
	Cc: mckusick@mckusick.com

	I keep getting panics in dqget(ufs_quota.c), with a -current
	from a couple of days ago. I think this might be softupdates
	related, since I can't make it happen with softupdates
	turned off, although it's quite possible that it has nothing
	to do with it. Does anyone have any idea what might be
	causing this?

	Any other information that might be useful here?

	-- Kevin

I have just committed a change to sys/contrib/softupdates/ffs_softdep.c
(delta 1.68) which corrects a panic in the kernel when quotas and soft
updates are used together. While the specific problem that I fixed
appears somewhat different than the one you are reporting, it may be
related. I suggest that you update to the above delta and see if it
solves your problem. If your problem persists, let me know. As always,
if you can give a specific set of inputs which trigger the problem,
that is always helpful in tracking it down.

	Kirk McKusick