Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 2003 17:57:07 +1000
From:      "Alastair G. Hogge" <agh@tpg.com.au>
To:        "Per Christian" <perchristian@myself.online.no>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD

On Saturday, 16 August 2003 13:16, Per Christian wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have downloaded a copy of FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE and want to install it. But
> to be sure, I want to keep my existing Windows install, so that if I don't
> like it, I can switch back. But then, I can't find any describtion if any,
> on how to make the partitions with PartitionMagic, which is a good program
> I really like.
Can't you use ParititionMagix to resize your Windows file system?

And then during the FreeBSD install use the left over  space from the resize
above for the BSD file system.

> And what filesystem does FreeBSD use?
I believe it's Berkeley Fast File System. or Unix File System 2(not sure
someone might correct me)...or a combition of the two..?

> Is it possible to use ext2 which Linux uses?
Don't think so.

> - Per Christian
-Al