Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 15:45:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jason Brooks <brooksj@ee.pdx.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NIS questions  Take two

Hello everyone,

I have figured out my problem between Linux and Freebsd NIS.  You must:
a)
have a modified "master.passwd" located in /var/yp.  Modified meaning
no system accounts, or root.  only the list of users you wish to
propagate.

b)
uncomment the 'UNSECURE = "True"' line in the /var/yp/makefile.dist prior
to running ypinit.  Now running ypmatch on the linux client produces the
correct information in the correct format.

thanks to all of you who were gearing up to answer this...

--jason
Ok.  forget the feedback.  Just give me ideas please...
http://www.ee.pdx.edu/~brooksj