Date:      Sun, 22 Sep 2002 23:34:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        paul beard <pdb2@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        mobile <mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: still wrestling with audio on ThinkPad A20m

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, paul beard wrote:

> > Add this to your kernel config, rebuild, reboot:
> >
> > device	pcm0 at isa? port 0x52c irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x10
> >
> > Works fine on -stable on my 600E.  -Current, well, you're on your own :)
> >

> well, there's evidently some difference between the E and the X
> models.

Hm, it was implied to me the sound was the same across the 600 line, but I
don't have an X to tes that theory on :)

> How did you come up with that fix so I can perhaps figure out what
> I should be doing? Sound used to work, which is why this is annoying.

I did the same thing you did, searched the mailing list archives :)

yes, the csa device is not needed and should not be in your kernel config.

Have you also checked that the sound is configured and enabled with the
setup tool? Either the windows control thingy or tp.exe from DOS.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org