Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2002 10:42:27 -0800
From:      John Gordon <johngordon@directvinternet.com>
To:        "Brett A. Lewis" <brett@oasis.ot.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question regarding PCMCIA Wireless Card

Hello Brett,

I'm still on 4.4, but the process is probably similar. Here's the entry
I have in /etc/pccard.conf for the WPC11 card (WEP keys obscured of
course):

# Linksys WPC11 802.11b network card
card "Instant Wireless " " Network PC CARD"
        config auto "wi" ? 0x10000
        insert /usr/sbin/wicontrol -i $device -p 1
        insert /usr/sbin/wicontrol -i $device -f 9
        insert /usr/sbin/wicontrol -i $device -n "john_network"
        insert /usr/sbin/wicontrol -i $device -k 0x1111111111 -v 1
        insert /usr/sbin/wicontrol -i $device -k 0x2222222222 -v 2
        insert /usr/sbin/wicontrol -i $device -k 0x3333333333 -v 3
        insert /usr/sbin/wicontrol -i $device -k 0x4444444444 -v 4
        insert /usr/sbin/wicontrol -i $device -e 1
        insert /etc/pccard_ether $device start
        remove /etc/pccard_ether $device stop

I have the same AP as you, and it is working fine for me even over
fairly long distances (for example, I am currently down in the laundry
at my apartment complex!). I would start by disabling the WEP stuff and
getting it working unencrypted. Also, I've not yet managed to get
anything more than 64 bit WEP working...

HTH,

John...