Date:      Sun, 11 Oct 1998 23:53:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Whee Kim <philuint@erols.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Q: about pkg_delete

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Whee Kim wrote:

#     Hi.  I want to thank you for always answering my questions ...
#
#     I have a qustion to ask...
#
#     lately, when I pkg_delete, I get following message.
#
#         pkg_delete: couldn't open dependency file
# '/var/db/pkg/XFree86-3.3.3/+REQUIRE_BY'
#
#     What does that mean?  Is there something wrong with my system? How
# do I fix this?!
#

It's harmless.  It just means you don't have XFree86-3.3.2
installed on your system.  You probably have 3.3.1 on your
box.  pkg_* keeps track of this so you don't delete a port
"required by" another port. You can fix this by installing
version 3.3.2 or you can just ignore it.

Steve