Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:34:25 +0100
From:      Per Tore Larsen <per.tore.larsen@fernonorden.com>
To:        "'ben@cahostnet.net'" <ben@cahostnet.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: IPNAT for multiple ports

It can be done.

Playing with the idea I found a doable solution.
That is to use multiple ip adresses on the internet adapter.
Registrer the DNS record server1.com and server2.com to point
one of the aliased ip adresses.  Then use ipnat/ipf to divert
the request through the firewall.
Can be accomlished with only two ipadresses as long as the box
it self are NOT running a webserver on port 80.

Ex.

Box has 140.0.0.1 and 140.0.0.2 aliased on the internet.
Server1.com has dns record point to 140.0.0.1
Server2.com has dns record point to 140.0.0.2

Punch the appropriate holes in ipf/ipfw and ipnat
and it should fire up.

Probably an easiest/best way to do it, but this is the
best answer I can give.

PeTe