Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 15:50:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marco DiPlacido <mdiplacido@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dhcpd help

hello folks!

i'm a mediaone road runner subscriber running dhclinet
and natd.  i'm using the following for the
configuration of my internal network nic vx0:

ifconfig_vx0="inet 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"

this works fine and dandy.   my client machines need
the ip configuration "hardcoded" in order for things
to work.   you know the story i'm sure...i want to
make the machines behind the road runner machine dhcp
clients.

does anyone have a sample dhcpd.conf file that would
allow me to run a dhcp server on my natd machine?

i installed the /usr/ports/net/isc-dhcp2 port and will
be using that as the dhcp server.   i hope this is a
simple problem to solve :)

fyi, i have one freebsd machine and two win98 machines
behind the natd machine.

thanks.
-marco