Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:19:37 +0100
From:      Thomas Backman <serenity@exscape.org>
To:        O. Hartmann <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Phoronix Benchmarks: Waht's wrong with FreeBSD 8.0?

On Nov 30, 2009, at 9:47 AM, O. Hartmann wrote:

> I'm just wondering what's wrong with FreeBSD 8.0/amd64 when I read the =
Benchmarks on Phoronix.org's website. Especially FreeBSD's threaded I/O =
shows in contrast to all claims that have been to be improoved the =
opposite.
Corrected link: =
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=3Darticle&item=3Dfreebsd8_benchmarks=
&num=3D1

And yeah, quite honestly: disk scheduling in FreeBSD appears to suck... =
The only reason I'm not switching from Linux. :(

Regards,
Thomas

(PS. See my thread about horrible console latency during disk IO in the =
archives, very related. DS.)=