Date:      Sat, 28 Jan 2006 12:30:20 +0000
From:      David Richards <davidr@skyforge.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Freebsd + samba + ssh+cvs

good day all,
                         As the subject says, We are using samba 3
which is configured to talk to AD (windows 2000 servers). I can use
wbinfo -u/t/r/g fine. I can also see the shares fine.
Now the reason I set this up was to allow the programmers to use cvs
and their nt logon passwords. I have done this via cvs + ssh which
works fine. we are trying to move to a SSO (single sign on) system.

Now every now and then it all stops authenticating users. I am unable
to see the domain/users/groups and the cvs users are unable to login
and do their stuff.
Now when this happens I normally check the server to see if samba is
still running, check the logs and other stuff too. When it isnt, I
normally restart the samba services and away they go.
  But the few other times I have done this, I have had to remove the
computer account from AD, wait a while and re add it. Some times just
resetting the computer account works.

Now this is becoming a real problem. I am really unsure where the
actually problem is and I believe it to be the windows side of it.
Since sometimes when the users cant login to cvs. I can still see the
domain and user accounts from the samba server and I am able to login
to the server using ssh and my windows logon. Aslo sometimes it just
stops, I dont do anything and its working again.

Today i thought it might be ssh. But since that is the main method
for me to connect to the server, I really dont want to mess with that.
Does any one have any ideas or  other views on this.

Please can u cc me as I am not on the list

--
David Richards