Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 15:15:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Cydney Johnson <cydneyjohnson@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   UNIX INSTALLAION

--0-878850515-1015456503=:37743

Hi I am a student at "THE SEATTLE VOCATIONAL INSTITUTE"  and I am performing a unix installation on a pc.  I'm having alot of trouble even with the book that came with programs.  I'm using freebsd 4.0 and the book that came with it is called the Complete FreeBSD.  When I try to execute the commands in the book i get errors.  I installed by booting from a floppy then using the stand/sysinstall command I go to the graphical interface.  I then proceed...I configured and got rid of the conflicts...then I continue with the installation of the distributions and configuring the mouse and monitor.  Everything seems to be ok...I have screen saver but I cant use startx and view the os with graphics.  I keep getting an error that reads.......

execve failed for /usr/X11R6/bin/X (errno 2)

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect:  Can't connect: errno = 2

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect:  Can't connect: errno = 2

--0-878850515-1015456503=:37743

<P>Hi I am a student at "THE SEATTLE VOCATIONAL INSTITUTE"&nbsp; and I am performing a unix installation on a pc.&nbsp; I'm having alot of trouble even with the book that came with programs.&nbsp; I'm using freebsd 4.0 and the book that came with it is called the Complete FreeBSD.&nbsp; When I try to execute the commands in the book i get errors.&nbsp; I installed by booting from a floppy then using the stand/sysinstall command I go to the graphical interface.&nbsp; I then proceed...I configured and got rid of the conflicts...then I continue with the installation of the distributions and configuring the mouse and monitor.&nbsp; Everything seems to be ok...I have screen saver but I cant use startx and view the os with graphics.&nbsp; I keep getting an error that reads.......</P>
<P>execve failed for /usr/X11R6/bin/X (errno 2)</P>
<P>_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect:&nbsp; Can't connect: errno = 2</P>
Try FREE <a href="$rd_url/tag/http://mail.yahoo.com/">Yahoo! Mail</a> - the world's greatest free email!
--0-878850515-1015456503=:37743--