Date:      Tue, 19 Jul 2016 06:44:49 +0800
From:      "Euan Thoms" <euan@potensol.com>
To:        "Jim Ohlstein" <jim@ohlste.in>
Subject:   =?utf-8?q?Re=3A?= curl and nginx no longer build on same host

On Tuesday, July 19, 2016 05:11 SGT, Jim Ohlstein <jim@ohlste.in> wrote=
:

=

> > OK, I'm clear about the make.conf options and what they mean. But I=
 still have a problem in that even if I use DEFAULT=5FVERSIONS+=3Dssl=3D=
openssl, ftp/curl will not build, certainly not with portmaster and I t=
hink I tried building it manually from inside it's ports directory.

> > /usr/ports/ftp/curl]# make
> > =3D=3D=3D>  curl-7.49.1 GSSAPI=5FBASE is not compatible with OpenSS=
L from ports. Use
> > other GSSAPI options or OpenSSL from base system.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop.
> > make: stopped in /usr/ports/ftp/curl
> >

> > So basically, I'd have to change one of the GSSAPI options in ftp/c=
url. Except I haven't got a clue on the ramifications of this. Do I nee=
d GSSAPI? If so, should I use Heimdal or MIT?

> > So you see my point, it's not friendly on new FreeBSD users. I'm a =
fairly experienced FreeBSD sys-adimin and I don't know what to do in th=
is case.

> > At least I now know that there is a good reason to not have on port=
 built against base openssl and another built against ports openssl.

> So basically they've deprecated a useful option without replicating t=
he functionality. Bravo!

> Fortunately, it still works as intended.

Aha, I got ftp/curl to build using WITH=5FOPENSSL=5FPORT=3Dyes. Don't k=
now why I didn't try it before, perhaps since it is deprecated.

So, I think we need to address some shortcoming in the new macro DEFAUL=
T=5FVERSIONS+=3Dssl=3Dopenssl.

Perhaps I should create a new thread, with a more appropriate subject l=
ine? Any suggestions?

--
Regards, Euan Thoms