Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 22:08:46 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira" <lioux@uol.com.br>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Loophole in the GPL?

Please, before this goes any further, if your going to read
the article in this link, don't forget to read the talkback
opinions that are attached to it.  Almost the first comment
attached quoted the section of the GPL which invalidates this
supposed "loophole".

What's more interesting is how this rediculous article ever
made it to osopinion.com, it's a perfect example of a writer
not checking their facts.  The author sounds like he has never
read the GPL.

I'm not a particular GPL supporter, I prefer the BSD license.
But, 99% of the software developers I've ever met have too
much integrity to go around blatently violating software
licenses, or allowing others to blatently and illegally
violate software licenses without yelling about it.  The
remaining 1% that aren't like this usually get a artifical
conscience forcefully implanted through their arse-holes
the first time they pull a stunt like this writer is speculating
about.