Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:18:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Bus errors in Galeon after upgrading GNOME bits

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Maxim Sobolev wrote:

> Joe Clarke wrote:
> >
> > Is anyone else seeing https-related bus errors in galeon-1.0.2 after the
> > latest big GNOME upgrade?  Everything else seems to be working fine, and
> > Mozilla doesn't have the https problem.  I've rebuilt galeon twice, and
> > verified it is linking against full Mozilla.  I hesitate to rebuild
> > Mozilla again since it's so big.  However, if no one else is seeing
> > this, then I will rebuild.
>
> I don't think that it might be Mozilla. Could you get a core and look
> where the problem is coming from? I suspect that something is wrong
> with updated gnomevfs, but on my 5-CURRENT galeon rebuilt after all
> those updates works just fine.

All signs pointed to Mozilla in gdb.  The actual bus error happened in
libcrypto.so.  I rebuilt Mozilla last night when I went to bed.  I'll test
when I get home from hork today.  If that doesn't pan out, I'll recompile
galeon and libc[_r] with debugging symbols, and have another peek with
gdb.  Thanks for conforming, Maxim.

Joe