Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:23:11 +0300
From:      Arapov Denis <bwizard@cityline.ru>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   VMWare 2.0.4 problem on FreeBSD 4.5

Hi!

Does anybody help me resolve problem with VMWare 2.0.4?

Can't bring networking up :(

I setup FreeBSD 4.5 Stable, vmware 2.0.4 from ports.
When I try bridging configuration got error in FreeBSD:
linux: 'ioctl' fd=20, cmd=0x8940 ('^u',64) not implemented
and in VMWare window:
Could not query bridging status on /dev/vmnet0: Invalid argument
Failed to configure ethernet0.
Host networking is not working too :(

I read thread in November 2001, but thiose patches is already applyed on
src.

Thanks for help.