Date:      Tue, 24 Jan 2012 19:47:26 +0100
From:      Heino Tiedemann <rotkaps_spam_trap@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg_add -r kde - binary doesn't exist

Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Redirecting the mail to ports@FreeBSD.org -- the KDE on FreeBSD team
> does not maintain KDE3 anymore, so you have better chances of success
> here :)
>
> _ <pancakeking79@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just wanted to inform you that I tried to install kde3 as a binary the
>> other day.
>>
>> Running both:
>>
>> # pkg_add -r kde
>>
>> and
>>
>> # pkg_add -r kde3
>>
>> gives me an error message, saying that it doesn't exist on the FreeBSD ftp
>> server.
>>
>> I don't wanna install it from the ports, since this takes forever!
>>
>> Could somebody upload it again?

I think, I found some KDE Binaries here:

ftp://ftp7.de.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-9-stable/

Not the META-packages, but some kde stuff (3 and 4).

export these variables in your /etc/profile:

PACKAGESITE=ftp://ftp7.de.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-9-stable/Latest/
PKG_SITES=ftp://ftp7.de.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-9-stable/
export PACKAGESITE PKG_SITES

Heino