Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:16:57 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        rdmurphy@vt.edu
Cc:        FreeBSD-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccardd and TI PCI-1250 PCI-CardBus Bridge

In message <15262.7579.175475.703603@localhost.econ.vt.edu> "Russell D. Murphy Jr." writes:
: I've reset /boot/loader.conf; it sets none of the hw.pcic sysctls.
: Upon re-boot and insertion of the card (3Com 3C589 ethernet card), the
: machine locks up solid with no messages displayed on the console.  It
: does beep.  Ejecting the card switches the console (I had pressed
: ALT-F2) and displays pnic: page fault on the system console.
:
: I also tried hw.pcic.init_routing=1.  When this is set, nothing
: happens when the card is inserted or ejected.  No beep, no
: recognition, (no lockup).

OK.  Yuck.

Warner