Date:      07 Sep 2002 03:08:58 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [CONCLUSION] What to do about Mozilla

--=-WsyAhv+yK9IN1KgtR5md

After listening to feedback, both on the list as well as direct, I think
I'm going to leave things the way they are for now.  I'm doing this for
a number of reasons.  One, Mozilla is a huge port, and the fewer
sweeping changes made, the better.  Two, right now there are only two
releases.  If Mozilla wants to keep branching and supporting branches,
we can change things later.  Three, I've updated the pkg-descr's of both
ports to accurately reflect their descriptions as listed at
mozilla.org.  Four, this change really hasn't confused that many
people.  People that want to use Mozilla 1.1 are still doing so despite
the -devel label.=20

However, nothing is set in stone.  Things can always change in the
future.  While this decision may upset some people, I think right now,
it will give the GNOME team time to hunt down and fix other problems to
prepare for 4.7-RELEASE, 5.0-DP2, and 5.0-RELEASE (e.g. build problems
on Alpha).  portmgr@ is, of course, free to step in and overturn my
decision, but for now, I'm standing by it.=20

Joe=20
--=20
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus@FreeBSD.org