Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 1998 09:14:54 +0000
From:      Dominic Mitchell <dom@phmit.demon.co.uk>
To:        "Mark W. Krentel" <krentel@dreamscape.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Mergeing /etc (was: Re: file modes in CVS repository)

On 12 December 1998, "Mark W. Krentel" proclaimed:
> I see.  I had been merging /etc with /usr/src/etc by hand, but I'm
> pleased to learn that it's easier and more organized than I had
> thought.  And indeed, Nik Clayton's tutorial, "Upgrading FreeBSD from
> source", explains the procedure.  (I'm blushing.)

You may find the "mergemaster" port very useful in this respect.  It
automates the mergeing of /usr/src/etc with /etc.  It's in
/usr/ports/sysutils/mergemaster.
--
Dom Mitchell -- Palmer & Harvey McLane -- Unix Systems Administrator

``Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.''
		-- Henry Spencer