Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 1998 01:37:36 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@hanse.de>
To:        Ian Vaudrey <i.vaudrey@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        "'Stefan Bethke'" <stefan.bethke@hanse.de>, "'freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'jfitz@FreeBSD.ORG'" <jfitz@FreeBSD.ORG>, Hans Huebner <hans@artcom.de>
Subject:   Re: ports/mail/cyrus

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Ian Vaudrey wrote:

> Please think hard before committing. This patch breaks RFC822
> compliance and is in any case no longer needed for the current
> version of Cyrus.
>
> >From http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/cyrus/imapd/changes.html :
> "Cyrus no longer rejects messages with 8-bit characters in the headers.
> Rather than reject the message, characters with the 8th bit set are
> changed to 'X'. Internationalization in headers is supported by the
> mechanism specified in RFC 2047 (and RFC 1342)."
>
> PR7789 has been submitted by Hans Huebner to bring the Cyrus
> port up to date. I hope it will be reviewed and committed soon, as
> Cyrus is an important piece of software.

Yep, you're right. I could have checked GNATS beforehand :-(

I had no problems building the port on a recent stable; I'll check out Hans'
patches tomorrow. I'm a bit puzzled about Hans' patches, however, as it
seems to me that the PLIST is incorrect= Whatever, it too late in the night
to do serious work by now; I'll sse tomorrow.

Cheers,
Stefan
--
Stefan Bethke
Muehlendamm 12            Phone: +49-40-256848, +49-177-3504009