Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 1999 18:36:42 -0500
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@rochester.rr.com>
To:        Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
Cc:        "Richard E. Hawkins" <hawk@hawkins.cba.uni.edu>, wonko@entropy.tmok.com, cweimann@wallnet.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, leisner@rochester.rr.com
Subject:   Re: Why is FreeBSD better than Linux?

I'm primarily a Linux user (and a Unix guru for nearly two
decades).

I've found freebsd and linux to be equally problemsome -- most
of the time they're pain free.

I've found linux to boot more flexibly because you can:
	have multiple distributions on one disk
	loadlin seems to work well (there's a freebsd equivalent which
	I had problems with in 2.2)

I just read Greg Lehey's book (really good) -- I'm going to install 3.2
soon...(thank god for Elf support -- now I can look into cross-compiling ;-))

Maybe your problem is you spent one minute on the system and 30 seconds
trying to log in...

Linux 1.0 needed a lot of work...2.2 seems very stable (I'm running
redhat 6.0 and haven't had a crash yet in about 9 months on a machine
which I do a lot of stuff on...)

If anyone has a real problem with rh6, there's lots of places to
get help from.

I'm really annoyed at this anti-Linux flaming...If you have specific
gripes, funny, but to say "it sucks"...come on!

Marty Leisner

Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au> writes  on Thu, 09 Dec 1999 17:55:46 +1100