Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 1996 20:03:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   system hangs with current kernel...?

Hi...

	This is getting slightly annoying, so I figured I'd bring it to
the list...

	Has anyone noticed a recent problem with the -current kernel
that is causing system hangs?  I've seen the reports going through
about panics in the NFS area and whatnot, but nothing in particular
dealing with actually hangs...

	I'm running -current as of about Sunday night, and this morning
the system locked up completely as if it was a SCSI bus hang...something
I haven't experienced in *many* months on that machine.  It did it last
night too, and I recompiled a kernel with debugging enabled, but, of course,
if it doesn't panic, it doesn't dump core :(

Thanks...

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org