Date:      16 Jan 2003 02:42:29 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: Testers needed!

--=-Wu/QMYtSyKlDJl/71SSW

I have patched scrollkeeper to use its own catalog files to avoid
conflict with the SGML catalog files that are installed my mkcatalog.=20
This solves two long-standing bugs.  One, it will fix errors in catalog
format file differences, and two, scrollkeeper will no longer require an
HTTP connection to validate OMF files.  This _greatly_ improves the
performance of SK.

I _REALLY_ need people to test this.  I'd like to commit it after the
tree thaws, but I don't want to screw anyone up.  To test, you will need
to do two things.  One, install the docbook-sk port (new).  The shar is
available from http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/docbook-sk.shar.=20
Second, patch /usr/ports/textproc/scrollkeeper, and update.  The patch
can be found at http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/scrollkeeper.diff.=20
For example:

# cd /tmp
# sh docbook-sk.shar
# cd docbook-sk
# make install clean
# cd /usr/ports/textproc
# patch -p < /path/to/scrollkeeper.diff
# portupgrade scrollkeeper

If you're really wanting to help me out, setenv XML_DEBUG_CATALOG before
you build scrollkeeper, and then run a sniffer looking for spurious
connections to port 80.  You shouldn't see any.  The scrollkeeper
install should rebuild the entire OMF database, so that's really the
best test.  If you see any HTTP connections to sourceforge or oasis,
send me the entire log of the build. (assuming you set
XML_DEBUG_CATALOG).  Thanks to all that can help.

Joe

--=20
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus@FreeBSD.org