Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2001 05:24:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Bishop <moonwick@dump.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   WaveLAN 11mbit help

Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble getting my 11mbit WaveLAN ORINOCO card running
under FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE, and I was hoping someone here could provide some
assistance.

I've followed the directions in Darryl Okahata's Howto
(http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/FreeBSD/163/0/3788553/), but for some
reason the other machine that I'm trying to connect to isn't seeing the
FreeBSD machine.

I've tried various IRQs to no avail, and I am able to reconfigure the card
using wicontrol.  An interesting thing to note is that on the card in the
FreeBSD machine (which is running in ad-hoc mode just like the other
card) I only get a single solid light; meanwhile, on the win2k client
running the latest Lucent driver, I get both a solid and a rapidly
flashing light.  Perhaps this tidbit can help narrow down the problem I am
having.

Here is the part of /etc/pccard.conf that pertains to the WaveLAN card:

card "Lucent Technologies" "WaveLAN/IEEE"
        config  0x1 "wi0" 5
        insert  logger -t pccard:$device -s WaveLAN/IEEE inserted
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device
        insert  /etc/setup_$device
        remove  logger -t pccard:$device -s WaveLAN/IEEE removed
        remove  /sbin/ifconfig $device delete

Any assistance that anyone can provide would be much appreciated.  Thanks
in advance.

--
John Bishop -- moonwick@dump.net