Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 20:51:36 +0200 (EET)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro>
To:        "Erik H. Bakke" <erik@habatech.no>
Cc:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Submitting a new port

Hi,

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Erik H. Bakke wrote:

> On 13-Feb-00 Alexander Langer wrote:
> >> When I have finished a port, generated the shar-file and used the send-pr
> >> program to submit the port, how long should it take before things show up in
> >> the
> >> list of PR's?
> >
> > I guess the PR file-pr is a cronjob called every 10 minutes.

 Umm, no. "send-pr" sends an e-mail message which is processed by the PR
database server (which might actually be pretty busy these days).

> > Thus it takes max. 10 minutes.

 Nope, sometimes it takes even less than a minute. Other times much
longer, it depends on the load, I guess.

> > Could be that it's called less often, but usually I receive answeres
> > in this time window.
> >
> Hmmm...
> Something seems to be quite strange with my setup, then.
> I've tried to submit a port three times already, but never got any reply at all.

 Please be pacient, if you sent it to the right address you'll get the
reply. Duplicates won't help you (but will stress the PR system).