Date:      Fri, 20 Nov 1998 14:00:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Vondrasek <david@davidv.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   128K Dual ISDN channels

Ok I gotten help here before and I hope I can again.

The System:

486DX100/4, 64 megs Ram, FreeBSD 2.2.6-R, Dedicated Line to the Net via a 56K
Motorola ModemSURFR External on COM 2, using ppp -auto -alias
The box stays connected 24/7. I have NO problems with this setup

I just ordered 128K ISDN. I going with a static Dedicated line.
The T/A ( not a router *sigh* for now at least) is going to be a
Motorola BITSUFR PRO 128K *INTERNAL* . So comes the problem.
I can't just pull out the modem and plug the T/A in to the external port like
I have the MODEM now. I'll have to open the box and use a ISA slot. This T/A
requires 2 IRQ's to run both channels for 128K.

HOW is this done ? Can it be done ? Anyone done this yet ?
I'm REALLY going to hate to have to put the NT Server up front for a GATEWAY
with WINGate just to run this. The T/A was given to me and the Line is a perk
for work with the job I do. Please help me stay away from the evil Bill
server.

pls cc: davidvon@airmail.net

 --

David L. Vondrasek