Date:      Tue, 15 Nov 2016 11:13:21 +1030
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>, "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 11-STABLE guest under bhyve is unstable on a 11-STABLE host

On 14/11/2016 15:40, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> After a month or so of experimenting with running 11-STABLE guests on a
> 11-STABLE host (upgraded from 10.3 host and guests) I have found that the
> guests crash/freeze for no apparent reason (leaving no kernel panic log).
> But if I do 10.3 guests on the 11-STABLE host it is very stable.

I am running 10-STABLE r307832 and have 12-CURRENT r308386 in a bhyve to
run poudriere - compiling system and ports is my only use of a bhyve
guest. Host is my desktop with 8GB running xfce.

Since updating the host a couple of weeks ago I find running bhyve
unstable where it wasn't before updating (from about 2 months earlier)

The first two runs of a current guest in bhyve after updating to r307832
locked up the host which was left unattended for a few hours while the
guest was compiling.

I use sysutils/bhyve-rc to start bhyve guests.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler