Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 09:37:09 +0100
From:      Konstantin Chuguev <Konstantin.Chuguev@dante.org.uk>
To:        rbg@ipperformance.com
Cc:        jedgar@fxp.org, Jim.Pirzyk@disney.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AutoFS on FreeBSD

rbg@ipperformance.com wrote:

> No, I think he means the kernel VFS layer based AutoFS... ala SUN
> which was ported to AIX and I'm sure a bunch more platforms..

Besides of shell's uglish look of paths resolved from symbolic links created by AMD (like
/.a/net/my_server/home/joy as my home directory in bash on my workstation), what is the
advantage of doing this in kernel?

--
          * *        Konstantin Chuguev - Application Engineer
       *      *              Francis House, 112 Hills Road