Date:      Sat, 20 Nov 1999 12:41:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   Help with sendmail config, please.

	I am trying to get sendmail 8.9.3 configured properly to allow me to
	send mail to the FreeBSD lists.

	Here is my setup. I have a FreeBSD 2.2.8 machine with 2 NIC cards which
	I use to gateway a loacal network to the internet via a cable modem. I
	use a local ISP for my incoming mail, and use fetchmail to retrieve
	this mail. Mail is sent from a machine on the local networ, which is
	masqueraded via the FreeBSD machine. The mai mechain is a HPUX machine.
	I have a local DNS that uses the fake domain of "fas.com" The mail
	mahcine is called "grizzly" I also want to map local user ID's from the
	local network to the ISP account names. For example "stan" needs to
	become "stanb@awod.com" The ISP is awod.com.

	I built the following mc file:

divert(-1)
#
# Copyright (c) 1998 Sendmail, Inc.  All rights reserved.
# Copyright (c) 1983 Eric P. Allman.  All rights reserved.
# Copyright (c) 1988, 1993
#	The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.
#
# By using this file, you agree to the terms and conditions set
# forth in the LICENSE file which can be found at the top level of
# the sendmail distribution.
#
#

#
#  This is a generic configuration file for HP-UX 9.x.
#  It has support for local and SMTP mail only.  If you want to
#  customize it, copy it to a name appropriate for your environment
#  and do the modifications there.
#

divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`@(#)generic-hpux9.mc	8.8 (Berkeley) 5/19/1998')
OSTYPE(hpux9)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl
FEATURE(`always_add_domain')
FEATURE(`masquerade_entire_domain')
define(`MASQUERADE_AS', `awod.com')
define(`MASQUERADE_DOMAIN', `fas.com')
FEATURE(`genericstable', `dbm /usr/lib/mailertable')
define(`GENERICS_DOMAIN', `fas.com')
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl

	But the resultant cf file does not look correct $DM is empty for
	instance.

	I thikn that what I have is pretty close, but suspect I have a syntax
	error somewherre.

	Could some kind soul give me some advic ehere?

	I have had this working ofr years, with an older version of sendmail,
	but it's headers aparantely no longe mail the FreeBSD mailhost happy
	:-)

	Thanks.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955