Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 23:59:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        Bill Huey <billh@mag.ucsd.edu>
Cc:        Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel config script

On Sun, 30 May 1999, Bill Huey wrote:

> That's fundamentally disturbing especially coming from other fellow
> Unix variant folks.

Inter-UNIX rivalries are one of things that has kept unix healthy for so
long.  Linux tends to pick up most of the 3L1t3 dudez, who don't know
anything but how to follow a How-To.  I don't have a problem with letting
someone else deal with annoying lusers.  When they get a clue, and realize
that FreeBSD has substantial advantages over Linux, then we can deal with
them.  It would be nice if there were some migration documentation.  (And
yes, that *is* an offer.  Who do I talk to?) Someone used to have a .sig
that summed the difference between Linux and *BSD pretty nicely: "Linux is
for people that hate Microsoft.  FreeBSD is for people who love Unix."

David Scheidt