Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 00:19:34 +0200
From:      Dang-Ngoc TUYET-TRAM <Dang-Ngoc.Tuyet-Tram@prism.uvsq.fr>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   installing sources from CD-ROM : no inode free

Hello,

I've installed FreeBSD and now that it runs, I want to rebuild the kernel.
So I put my CD-ROM (from Walnut Creek) and as they said type :

~~~~~
mkdir -p /usr/src/sys
ln -s /usr/src/sys /sys
cd /
cat /cdrom/src/ssys.* |tar xzvf -       #(path given in the book seems not
					#to corrrespond)
~~~~~
the files seems to extract in /usr/src/sys correctly, and then I get
succesion of errors like :
/usr : create /symlink failed, no inode free
tar: could not create file sys/sys/vlimit.h : no such file or directory
sys/sys/vnioctl.h

I've checked whith a df if there were space left on the hard drive,
and there seems to be space left on every mount point (and on /usr !!)

And then I can't use anymore commands correctly still I have such errors
as /usr : create/symilnk failed : no inode free.
I just have to make the system reboot.

So what happens ? What must I do to untar the sources files coorecty ?

Thanks for help,

Tuyet Tram DANG NGOC
--
Universite de Versailles
dntt@prism.uvsq.fr

Pour croire en Dieu une simple année d'étude de l'intelligence artificielle suffit.