Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 09:11:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Yusuf Goolamabbas <yusufg@outblaze.com>
Cc:        qa@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Would it be possible to test bridge/dummynet before 4.5-RELEASE

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:

> Hi, I've reported some kernel panics on freebsd-net,freebsd-stable which
> occur when dummynet/bridging is used on 4.4-stable.
>
> Would it be possible for the qa team to construct a simple traffic
> shaping bridge and and verify if there are no regressions

Hmm.  I may be able to set up a local testbed here, but it would help to
have a few more hints about the potential problem.  What features of
dummynet are they using?  Just the basic bandwidth/plr components, or
other features such as the various queueing algorithms?  Does the problem
show up under high load, or under low level use?

Because I'm not sure I have the hardware locally to do this for a week or
two (now WFH for the next two weeks), I'd appreciate it if others could
also give this a spin.  Also, if there's any particular information on the
panic, it would be worth running it by Luigi to see if he has any insight
into the problem.