Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 17:29:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree 3.3.4 not on ftp.freebsd.org?

	I was trying in vain today to get X 3.3.4 installed on my new
system and couldn't seem to make it happen using sysinstall, even after I
rebuilt it. AFAICS, there is no XFree 3.3.4 package available on
ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD, but I may have missed something.

	Fortunately it is on wcarchive, so I just pulled down all the bits
and installed it the "hard" way, however I know I'm going to run into
trouble down the road when ports start looking for the X stuff in
/var/db/pkg.

Any comments or suggestions welcome,

Doug
--
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only
nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter