Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 2008 07:26:53 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with ACPI using Abit BE6-II V2.0

On Sunday 20 April 2008 09:42:36 am Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:
> According to tips found on
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/acpi-debug.html
> I'm sending a report about problems when trying to use ACPI on Abit BE6-II
> V2.0, FreeBSD 7.0.
>

> When ACPI is enabled - and I've enabled it during installation - the most
> noticeable inconveniences are:
>
> 1. There's no top's "CPU states" anymore; all the output in that line is
> zeroed. The same when trying to use htop or gkrellm - no possibility to
> watch the CPU load.
>
> 2. There are steady problems with responsitivity of the system; even the
> causing "momentary freezes" (f.e. mouse cursor can't be moved for a while).
>
> 3. When booted with "verbose", there are steadily error messages printed on
> first console:
>
> 	acpi: bad write to port 0x070 (8), val 0x4c
> 	acpi: bad read from port 0x071 (8)
> 	acpi: bad write to port 0x070 (8), val 0x4c
> 	acpi: bad read from port 0x071 (8)
> 	acpi: bad write to port 0x070 (8), val 0x4c
> 	acpi: bad read from port 0x071 (8)
> 	acpi: bad write to port 0x070 (8), val 0x4c
> 	acpi: bad read from port 0x071 (8)

These problems sound like you aren't getting clock interrupts and from Peter
we know that these I/O's are to the RTC, so that is likely related.  Try
setting 'debug.acpi.block_bad_io' from the loader (either via loader prompt
or /boot/loader.conf, etc.) and see if that fixes your issue.

--
John Baldwin