Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:38:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Christopher Leake <cleake@corp.namesafe.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FW: non ported applications

	Well if it's trivial, you should be able to just untar it
assuming it was tarred, read the README or some such that comes with it
and follow the instructions like
./configure
make   or whatever they want.
	If it's not trivial you may need to adjust the code.  Maybe you
can go by the error messages you see when you follow thier directions and
just tweak the code.
	If it's worse than that you'll have to port it yourself.  See:
http://www.freebsd.org/porters-handbook/
Good luck,

							Tim