Date:      Fri, 07 Jul 2000 15:10:39 -0400
From:      "Richard E. Hawkins" <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   nessus says open relaying?

I just checked my system with nessus, and one of the reports is that

  smtp (25/tcp) INFO The remote SMTP server allows the relaying. This means that
it allows spammers to use your mail server to send their mails to
the world, thus wasting your network bandwidth.

Is this saying that my machine (and I suppose every other stock 4.0 machine)
is an open relay?  Or am I misreading this?

hawk