Date:      Sun, 2 Sep 2007 23:07:26 +0200
From:      Zbigniew Komarnicki <cblasius@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Krusader - [Shift + Delete] and SFTP

Hello,

I have two problems:

1. Problem
===========
I want to ask, how to set in Krusader 1.80.0 key binding or action such:
[Shift] + [Delete] -> delete file permanently

This is not default under FreeBSD, why?

On the page:
http://krusader.sourceforge.net/handbook/basic.html#deleting
I'm reading that:
"Deleting files/directories is done by selecting them and pressing F8 or
Delete. By defaultit will be moved to KDE's Trash, Shift+Delete will delete
the file permanently."

But when I'm looking on shortcat in Krusader in FreeBSD:
Settings -> Configure Shortcuts
and then
Action                  Shortcut        Alternate
Cut to Clipboard   Ctrl+X           Shift+Delete
Delete                  F8

Why this is that done, that [Shift+ Delete] is binding to action "Cut to
Clipboard"?

I also cannot find option as "Delete permanently". Of course I can reasign
Shift+Delete to action "Delete" as alternace shortcut, but this don't delete
file permanently, but move file to Trash.

I can only delete file permanently from poupmenu, where there are two option:
"Delete" and "Move to Trash" (and others of course).

2. Problem
=========
Why I cannot connect by ssh (sftp) to other machine? Under Debian I can.
Please check what I am trying to do:
Tools -> New Net Connections ...
then
Protocol: sftp://
Host: a.b.c.d
Port: 22
user and password and then click Connect.
Then I obtain:
"Error encountered while talking to ssh."
and then I obtain second error:
"Unknown error"
"Error encountered while talking to ssh."

It only work when I connect by protocol "fish://"
Why? Why protocol "sftp://" does not work?
As I mention earlier under Linux it work.

I'm sorry for my English, and I'm sorry for the details, but it should work
exactly as stated in Krusader handbook, no mater what this is Linux or Unix
it should works as expected.

Please for help with this issues or comments, why this is that.

I'm using FreeBSD 6.2, Krusader from ports (x11-fm/krusader).

Best regards,
Zbigniew