Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:27:53 +0200
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   I FreeBSD missing timezone var ?

A friend is converting a tool from Linux to FreeBSD. Ihe is saying we miss
a var. I am not a C expert so I can't answer him.

"Over the weekend I brought up FreeBSD on an old machine at home, and
successfully built a native FreeBSD version of Sphere. It still hasn't been
tested a bit (haven't had time), but I don't imagine it will be any
different than the linux version. In fact, there is only one place that the
code for the FreeBSD and Linux versions differ."
[...]
"The only difference is this -- in linux, there's a builtin variable called
_timezone. I couldn't find that in FreeBSD, so I created a simple function
that would determine the timezone. "

Do we have something similar to the _timezone var ?

Thanks for attention.

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.giovannelli.it/~gmarco
http://www2.masternet.it