Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 12:17:56 +0200
From:      Christoph Prevezanos <christoph.prevezanos@post.uni-bielefeld.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   StarOffice4 SP3 ... again

Hello all!

I know I posted this message some days ago, but I still cannot make
StarOffice4 SP3 work in any way. Sometimes it is REALLY hard to manage
these FBSD-problems, because no documentation is available and there is
none to ask. I searched the whole handbook, FAQ, Complete Freebsd,
Mailinglist - no results. So what can I do? Switch back to Windows? Not
a very good Idea ... but it works.

My problem is that SO4 is not working. I downloaded the whole BIG file
from StarDivision and when I start setup it says "Abort - Core Dumped".
That' all!

I have installed the linux-libs, I enabled linux-comp. in rc.conf.
Someone in the mailinglist said that the service pack 3 is not working
with FBSD. Is this right? If yes, where can I get an older version of
SO4?

I don't want to install SO3.1 - that's a too big step backward.

Would be nice if you could help me. I really want to use FreeBSD and not
Windows any more, but I cannot solve this problem. And a good
office-suite is a basic need for my work.

Thank you,

Christoph Prevezanos, Germany