Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:30:42 -0600
From:      uid0@catastrophe.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation on HP lp1000r

I'm curious to know what's wrong here. I'm installing with the boot
disks downloaded today on an HP lp1000r server, and when I get to the
portion where I can configure it to get a DHCP address, it works (I can
ping the interface from a different box on the subnet).

However, when I try and do a commit, the install fails with the following
message

"Couldn't open FTP connection to ftp5.freebsd.org: Not logged in.

I have not changed any of the parameters for installationg, I've tried 4
different FTP servers, and there is no firewall in the way.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-#0